Directorate of ICT Services
Mr. Justus Biryomumaisho
The purpose of this office is to manage and provide ICT technical and support services to all academic and administrative units across the University. The office is headed by the Director, who is responsible to the DVC (F&A).
Mr. Justus BiryomumaishoAg. Director ICT
|MSc.CSC, BSC, B.Eng (Civil), ODE (Civil)||View Profile|
Mr. Julius OkelloSystems Administrator
Mr. Edson OlukaNetwork Administrator
Mr. Hussen AbdallahComputing Technician
|Diploma in Computer Science and Information||View Profile|
Duties & Responsibilities
- To guide the provision for effective ICT support services to the academic, research, outreach and administrative functions of the University.
- To promote effective and appropriate utilization of ICT resources.
- Contribute to the sustainability of the ICT Directorate in order to enable effective execution of its mandate.
- To promote an environmentally friendly approach to the acquisition, use and disposal of ICT resources/assets.
- Coordinate and lead resource mobilization for counterpart funding for the implementation of ICT Strategic plan.
- To specify, verify, and vet ICT standards, procedures and best practices for all University ICT deployments and operations.
- Takes lead in the overall ownership of the professional and technical mandate of all ICT design and developments, management and maintenance.
- Operationalise and guide the ICT policy implementation across the University
- Sets performance targets, supervises and appraises staff in the Directorate.
- Serves as the minute Secretary to the ICT and Library Committee of Senate.